Buying & Merchandising Apprenticeship 2020
Buying and Merchandising Apprenticeship
Are you interested in Fashion and keen to get your foot on the ladder with M&S? We hold ourselves to a very high standard here at M&S. That much has never changed. Our attention to detail, forward thinking and passion for improvement has led to the creation of some of the nation’s most loved products. But a rapidly changing world demands that we change along with it. M&S has been at the forefront of social change for the past 134 years, and we’re determined to keep it that way. Setting bolder goals and giving our people the space and resources to achieve them. Today, we are a unique retailer delivering top quality food, clothing, home products and financial services. We employ over 80,000 colleagues who serve over 32 million customers. But what about tomorrow? We’ve put customer-focused digital innovation at the heart of our business, partnering with world-class technology firms to help shape the retail experience of the future. From digital transformation to empowering people to make a positive impact on wellbeing, communities and the planet, there’s never been a more exciting time to join us. Because if you become part of our journey today, you’ll be shaping the very future of our business.
What is the apprenticeship?
M&S Apprenticeship scheme is a 15-month Buying & Merchandising Apprenticeship programme that we run in partnership with the Fashion Retail Academy. Once completed you will join one of our Buying or Merchandising tams.
About the role
Your key accountabilities will include
- Day to day you will work in a role such as a Buying Admin Assistant or a Merchandising Admin Assistant within one of our Clothing and Home Business Units, with one day a week in training at either the Fashion Retail Academy or in the office.
- There will be 4 core modules covering a wide range of topics to give you the broadest level of learning across all areas ranging from reatil business environment, retail communications, critical path management, creative digital skills, garment technology through to managing your own personal and professional development.
- Finally, you will be part of a strategic project, which you will complete after your programme of learning.
Your skills and experience will include :
- Passion for products and desire to learn about the brand and customer
- Grade C or above in GCSE Maths & English
- Highly organised with attention to detail when performing tasks, ability to anticipate and manage
- Strong numerical, analytical and interpretive skills
- Communication skills
- Influencing skills
If this sounds like the role for you and you have an interest in Buying or Merchandising, apply below. Please can you specify if its Buying or Merchandising you are interested on your application.
Applications close on Wednesday 12th February 2020